The Polygraf system is a set of both desktop and mobile applications made by Masaryk University to provide access to (1) spoken word and (2) visual presentations. The system consists of Polygraf Writer desktop application, Polygraf Broadcaster desktop application and Polygraf mobile app.
- A Transcriber (speech-to-text reporter, captionist, CART provider) is transcribing spoken word into written text in real time using Polygraf Writer application. Content of the Transcription is continuously available to the Polygraf mobile app via network to visualise the transcription for User.
- A person (Speaker), who is presenting visual documents for an audience, uses Polygraf Broadcaster to capture the presented document from the screen of his/her computer. Content of the Captured screen is continuously available to the Polygraf mobile app via network to visualise it for User.
This document is used to inform users of the Polygraf system (hereinafter as Service) regarding our policies with the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information.
The Personal Information Collected and Used by the Service
Personal Information of Transcribers, Speakers and Users:
- It is not requested, it is not collected at all.
Content of the Transcription and Captured screen:
- In Polygraf Writer, the Transcription can be saved into a file by Transcriber on his/her own demand only, the application does not store it on its own;
- In Polygraf Broadcaster, the Captured screen cannot be saved by user, the application does not store it on its own;
- In Polygraf mobile app, neither the Transcription nor Captured screen can be saved and stored in User’s device, the application does not store it on its own;
- When Polygraf Writer is launched and sharing of the Transcription is switched on by Transcriber, the application makes continuously updated content of the Transcription available via HTTP protocol to Polygraf mobile app (the application operates as an HTTP server listening on varying ports), the content is available only for client devices in local network;
- When Polygraf Broadcaster is launched and sharing of the Captured screen is switched on by Speaker, the application makes continuously updated content of the Captured screen available via HTTP protocol to Polygraf mobile app (the application operates as an HTTP server listening on non-standard ports), the content is available only for client device in local network.
Third Party Services
Our Service does not use any third party services that may collect information used to identify you.
Cookies are files with a small amount of data that are commonly used as anonymous unique identifiers. These are sent to your browser from the websites that you visit and are stored on your device’s internal memory.
No application of the Polygraf system uses these cookies.
We value your trust in providing us your Personal Information, thus we are striving to use all acceptable means of protecting it. But remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100 % secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.